25 Ways to Save Money But Still Have a Memorable Wedding Day
As you know planning a wedding involves a lot of time and energy. Plus with rising prices in almost every area, paying for a wedding is definitely not cheap anymore. Use the tips in this short guide to save you money on your wedding plans, while still having a memorable wedding day that you will treasure forever.
1. Shop around and compare prices for locations and hall rentals.
2. Consider using a local park to get married in, this is often much cheaper than renting a banquet room.
3. Holding your ceremony and reception at the same location often lowers the cost considerably.
4. Does a family member have a large or scenic property that you could use?
5. Have a backyard BBQ instead of a formal wedding rehearsal dinner.
6. Book your reception hall for a shorter time period.
7. You may want to think about travelling to a destination for your wedding – this would involve lower costs but some guests may also not attend.
8. Hold a small, private wedding with family and your closest friends.
9. Don’t opt for a full bar, just select to offer beer and red and white wine.
10. Remember to offer non-alcoholic drinks as well.
11. Look to your local college for a band when it comes to finding live entertainment for your wedding.
12. Choose an up and coming cake decorator to make your cake. Offer to recommend them to your friends and business connections in return. They get exposure and you get a good deal on a cake.
13. You may want to choose cupcakes over a larger tiered wedding cake.
14. Serving cheesecake is becoming a popular trend and is much cheaper.
15. Display your menu items in attractive bowls, this can help hide the fact that the menu items are plainer.
16. Consider serving an afternoon tea reception instead of a full dinner evening one.
17. You don’t need to order champagne for the wedding toast, guests can just use whatever drink they have at the time.
18. Cater for any children who may be present, kids meals are often much cheaper than ordering an adult size. Plus there will be fewer leftovers.
19. When renting a car for your wedding ask if the dealer offers a wedding special.
20. Opt for a van instead of a limo, this way more people can ride with you and this saves money for everyone involved.
21. Choose black ink for your wedding stationary and print out your own invitations.
22. Use potted plants for your table decorations.
23. Use flowers in season and add ribbons to brighten up any arrangements.
24. Bowls of fruits make affordable center pieces which can then be used for dessert.
25. Shopping for wedding attire during sales to find great deals on brand names.
After saving money in all these different areas you can then splurge on your wedding photos, or another area if you wish. Wedding photos offer you a permanent reminder of your special day. So this is an area where you may not want to cut corners or costs.