Here’s a good frugal way to help you save money. You can be frugal when you make your own glass cleaner.
The price markup on a bottle of glass cleaner is simply unreal. You can make glass cleaning solution that works perfectly fine and will only cost you pennies per bottle.
To start, you will need one or two plastic spray bottles with the squirt trigger. I recommend a medium sized bottle. You can get two bottles and make the double batch as the recipe below shows. The bottle purchase will be a one time thing, as the bottles will last for a very long time.
You will need:
4 cups hot water
2 tbsp cornstarch, dissolved in the water
1/2 cup rubbing alcohol
1/2 cup vinegar
Shake before you use and as you use it. Makes two bottles. Half this recipe to make just one bottle.
Here are some various spray bottles on Amazon:
- Lucasol Spray Bottle – 24.0 Oz
- Delta Sprayers 82413-32 24oz 3pk Spray Bottles
- Soft ‘n Style 8 oz. Spray Bottle Set / 3 Piece Set (B28SET)
- Hair Salon 16oz Designer Water Spray Bottle by Soft ‘N Style
- Whitney Design Plastic Spray Bottle
- Soft ‘n Style Clear Spray Bottle / 16 oz. (8031)
- More Spray Bottles
You can also find them at Walmart in the beauty section or the garden section.